Savings from Buying Geothermal
One of the main reasons many homeowners choose geothermal is the benefit of lower operating costs. In most homes, the cost for heating, cooling and hot water combine for about 70% of the total utility costs. Therefore, the biggest opportunity to save a substantial amount in utility costs is to improve those systems. That's where geothermal can help in a big way.
For every one unit of energy purchased to operate a geothermal unit, it delivers four to five units of energy because the energy from the earth is free. In many scenarios, a geothermal system is significantly less expensive to operate than ordinary heating and cooling systems. Geothermal systems can save up to 70% in heating costs, up to 50% in cooling costs, and around 30-50% in hot water costs.
One way to compare efficiency is to calculate the cost for 1 million BTUs of heat transfer. Using a standard formula, an “apples to apples” comparison can be made based on local fuel rates and equipment efficiency. The table at right demonstrates a typical savings opportunity with geothermal. To get the full picture for your home, contact your Bryant geothermal dealer
Why Choose Geothermal?
Geothermal Systems provide homeowners with a wide range of benefits.
● Savings: Generally, no other heating and cooling system offers lower operating costs, with savings up to 60% compared to ordinary systems.
● Comfort: These systems provide even temperatures throughout the home year round, with excellent dehumidification during cooling.
● Environmentally Sound: Geothermal is a clean, green, and renewable technology to reduce your carbon footprint now and for future generations.
● Reliable: Geothermal units last longer than ordinary air conditioners and heat pumps. Since the units contain few moving parts, they operate for years with little maintenance.
● Quiet Operation: Unlike ordinary air conditioners and heat pumps, no outdoor unit is required. Bryant geothermal units use heavy-duty, fully-insulated cabinets for quiet operation. Quiet, soft starting variable speed blowers are used in many models.
● Flexibility: Heating, cooling and supplemental water heating from a single unit. And a wide variety of models and options to fit most any application.
● Free Hot Water: During unit operation, free excess heat is used to supplement the home's water heater.
● Energy Independence: Geothermal systems reduce our need to import fuel.
● Safe and Clean: No flame, no flue, no odors.